It's 2 a.m. The fire alarm in your building is ringing and the Fire Department responds. Rather than reaching for an ax to break down the door, Firefighters open the Knox-Box, remove entrance keys, and immediately enter your facility to search for the cause of the alarm.
Eliminating Forced Entry
Eliminating forced entry means no property damage and no replacement costs for broken windows and forced door frames or locks. It also means no flying glass to injure Firefighters.
Reduced Emergency Response Time
You arrive on site knowing that you or your representative did not have to get there before Firefighters could enter your building. The Fire Department has already determined that a small fire was contained by the sprinkler system. The reduced emergency response time meant immediate shut off of the sprinkler water supply resulting in minimal smoke, fire and water damage to your property.
The Vermillion Fire EMS Department encourages the use of the Knox-Box. Presently many businesses including city facilities are making use of this Emergency Entry System. Starting at $165 this one time purchase may save the business or home owner much more and allow the Firefighters instant access to the property.
Reasons to Install a Knox-Box
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by Firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The Fire Department holds the ONLY key to the Knox-Box.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 25 years, Knox-Box has been the chosen solution in 9,000 communities nationwide-communities like Vermillion.
Knox-Box Online Purchase Procedure
- Go to the Knox-Box website
- Click on "Product Line" to determine your product choice
- Click "Online Purchase" to begin the order process
- Enter the zip code (57069) where the Knox Box will be located
- Select "Vermillion Fire Department" then click continue
- Select the item to be purchased, and fill in all required fields
- Click "Add to Cart" and proceed to checkout
- Select the applicable entry from the choices, and click next
- Complete the billing information
When the Knox-Box arrives, contact the fire department at 605-677-7098 and ask for Fire Inspector Matt Taggart or Deputy Chief Matt Callahan. We will meet with you to determine the best location for you new Knox Box, and once it has been installed, the key(s) will then be secured.
Please keep in mind that if key changes are made to the building, the Fire Department needs to be notified immediately so the replacement keys can be placed into the Knox Box.