Rapid Entry Systems
It's 2 a.m. The fire alarm in your building is ringing and the Fire Department responds. Rather than reaching for an ax to break down the door, Firefighters open the Knox-Box, remove entrance keys, and immediately enter your facility to search for the cause of the alarm.
The Vermillion Fire EMS Department encourages the use of the Knox-Box. Presently many businesses, including city facilities, are using this Emergency Entry System. This one time purchase may save the business or home owner much more and allow the Firefighters instant access to the property.
Reasons to Install a Rapid Entry System
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Ensure immediate building entry by Firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances. Click link to view the Rapid Enter System Ordinance
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The Fire Department holds the ONLY key to the Knox-Box.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 25 years, Knox-Box has been the chosen solution in 9,000 communities nationwide-communities like Vermillion.
Residential Knox-Boxes are also valuable for many of the reasons listed above. In addition, they can be important if a resident is injured or becomes critically ill. When a Knox-Box is installed at or on the front door of a home, first responders can get to the person quickly, without forcing entry. Emergency medical responders can provide medical assistance and relock the door when we leave. Entry is rapid and damage to the home is avoided.
Knox-Box Online Purchase Procedure
When the Knox-Box arrives, contact the fire department at 605-677-7098 and ask for the Fire Marshal. We will meet with you to determine the best location for you new Knox Box, and once it has been installed, the key(s) will then be secured.
Please keep in mind that if key changes are made to the building, the Fire Department needs to be notified immediately so the replacement keys can be placed into the Knox Box.
KNOX FDC LOCKING CAPS
Knox FDC Lock Benefits
- Eliminates costly services to back flush the pipes due to debris
- Ensures ready and reliable connections to fire sprinkler systems
- Protects FDC swivel from theft, damage and vandalism
- Protects check valves from freezing in cold climate areas
Knox FDC Lock Applications:
Fire Department Connections (FDCs) are your building's lifeline to fire prevention. When FDCs are left unsecured, they are vulnerable to damage, debris and vandalism which can constrict the flow of water to:
- Fire sprinkler protection systems
- Standpipes located in parking garages and stairwells
- What is a Knox-Box system?
- Why install a Knox-Box?
- How does the Knox-Box system work?
- How secure is a Knox-Box system?
- How is a Knox-Box installed?
- How long can I rent a residential Knox-Box?
- Can I buy my own residential Knox-Box?
- Who is eligible to rent a residential box?
- How do I obtain a residential Knox-Box?