How do I establish utility service to my home or apartment?

The City of Vermillion provides electric, water, waste water and curbside recycling to the majority of properties within the City. There are areas of the City that Clay Union Electric Cooperative serves with electricity and some apartments and trailer homes are provided water by the property owners.

  • For Utility Service
    • Submit a Utility Service Application directly to the Finance Office via the City website, or print a Utility Service Application (PDF) and return it to the Finance Office in City Hall. Requests can be completed in advance of the day service is requested.
    • Pay the Service Fee and Meter Deposit for the location requesting service.
    • Connections are done during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding holidays.
    • Prior to water service being turned on, the Water Department requests access to the property to ensure there is no water running on the property.
    • Utility service connection is available outside normal hours for an additional fee.
    • Contact the Finance Office at 605-677-7056 if you have questions.
  • Curbside Recycling is provided to all residential dwellings of five units or less and is included on your Utility Bill. The curbside recycling fee is $3.90 per month. More information on curbside recycling can be found on the Curbside page.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact to set up utilities?
2. Does the Finance office take credit cards?
3. I want to open a retail business, how do I obtain a license?
4. How do I establish utility service to my home or apartment?
5. When is my bill due and where do I pay my bill?
6. Can I have my utility bill set up to be automatically deducted from my checking or savings account?
7. How is my bill calculated?