How can I address the City Council?

You have two options: 

  • A first option is during a regular Monday evening City Council meeting there is a section on the agenda titled “Visitors to Be Heard”. An individual may speak for up to five minutes on any topic not on the agenda. 
  • A second option is to have a topic on the City Council agenda by sending a request in writing. Requests can be emailed to the City Manager or in writing to:
    City Hall
    25 Center Street
    Vermillion, SD 57069 

The topics sent directly to the City Mnager are generally about an item where the City Council would need to make a decision.

Show All Answers

1. How can I address the City Council?
2. When are City Council Meetings held?
3. I cannot come to a City Council meeting but want to know what happened at the meeting. How can I find out?
4. What is Vermillion’s form of Government?
5. How do I communicate with City Council and/or the Mayor other that at a Council meeting?
6. Is there a policy for naming or renaming a City facility, room, or public space?